- 2022 marked the bicentenary of deciphering of Rosetta Stone hieroglyphics
- A great book about a legendary ship created by Thomas Cook one hundred years ago
- A collective of Egypt enthusiasts and specialists
- The first reference work on the spirit and extraordinary modernity of a mythical journey
- The ideal gift for all lovers of Egypt and travel
This sumptuous book invites you to follow the course of the Nile and Egyptian history on board a floating historical monument, the Steam Ship Sudan. At 100 years old, and made of wood and copper, it is the last steamship still cruising in Upper Egypt and the only survivor of a flotilla established by Sir Thomas Cook at the beginning of the 20th century. Illustrious personalities from British and American high society travelled on board this prestigious ship - archaeologists, diplomats, actors... and writers, including Agatha Christie who drew inspiration from it for Death on the Nile.