Now designed specifically for adolescents or adults with special needs, this practical resource is packed with activities and games for developing social skills. Social competence is an essential aspect of our quality of life and this resource will help you to develop these skills with this client group. The book includes:
- Over 60 activities to develop social skills in body language, the way we talk, conversations and assertiveness.
- Over a years' worth of work on developing social skills.
- A short introduction to working with adolescents and adults with social skills difficulties.
- An assessment of social skills and planning sheet for intervention.
- Ideas for group cohesion activities to use within your groups.
- Forms and evaluation sheets to help with the smooth running of groups.
- All activities available to download to print out and use.
About the Author
Alex Kelly is a speech and language therapist who specialises in working with children and adults who have low self esteem, and difficulty with their social skills and friendship skills. She spent 23 years working as a speech and language therapist in the NHS but now runs her own company - Alex Kelly Ltd. She provides social skills training and consultancy to schools and organisations across the UK and overseas. Her company also provides speech and language therapy in a number of schools in the south of England and 'Speaking Space' - a day service for adults with an intellectual disability and autism.