Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Get to know your fellow passengers or just gaze through the window at the unfurling landscape, gawk at Moscow's Kremlin or glimpse Lake Baikal, Russia's sacred sea; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the Trans-Siberian Railway and begin your journey now
Inside Lonely Planet's Trans-Siberian Railway Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - the history of the railway, history of Siberian travel, Russian culture & cuisine, Mongolian culture & cuisine, Chinese culture & cuisine, landscapes & wildlife
- Over 60 maps
- Covers Moscow, St Petersburg Beijing, the Trans-Siberian, Trans-Mongolian, Trans-Manchurian and Baikal-Amur Mainline routes and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Trans-Siberian Railway, our most comprehensive guide to the Trans-Siberian Railway, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
- Looking for a guide focused on Russia or China? Check out Lonely Planet's Russia guide or China guide for a comprehensive look at all these countries have to offer; Discover China, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions; or Pocket Beijing, a handy-sized guide focused on the can't-miss sights for a quick trip
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Simon Richmond, Greg Bloom, Marc Di Duca, Anthony Haywood, Michael Kohn, Shawn Low, Tom Masters, Daniel McCrohan, Leonid Ragozin, Regis St Louis, Mara Vorhees
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.