From rustic towns and emerald valleys to lively cities and moss-draped ruins, experience Ireland with Rick Steves! Inside Rick Steves Ireland you'll find:
- Comprehensive coverage for planning a multi-week trip through Ireland
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the Rock of Cashel and the Ring of Kerry to distilleries making whiskey with hundred-year-old recipes
- How to connect with local culture: Hoist a pint at the corner pub, enjoy traditional fiddle music, and jump into conversations buzzing with brogue
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a Guinness
- Self-guided walking tours of atmospheric neighborhoods and awe-inspiring sights
- Trip-planning tools, like how to link destinations, build your itinerary, and get from place to place
- Detailed maps, including a fold-out map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, Irish phrase book, historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 1,000 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Coverage of Dublin, Kilkenny, Waterford, County Wexford, Kinsale, Cobh, Kenmare, The Ring of Kerry, Dingle Peninsula, County Clare, the Burren, Galway, the Aran Islands, Connemara, County Mayo, Belfast, Portrush, the Antrim Coast, Derry, County Donegal, and much more
Planning a one- to two-week trip? Check out Rick Steves Best of Ireland.
About the Author
Pat O'Connor, an Irish-American, first journeyed to Ireland in 1981, and was hooked by the history and passion of the feisty Irish culture. Frequent return visits led to his partnership with Rick, his work as a tour guide for Rick Steves' Europe, and co-authorship of this book. Pat, who loves all things Hibernian except black pudding, thrives on the adventures that occur as he slogs the bogs and drives the Irish back lanes (over 2,000 kilometers annually) in search of new discoveries.