What's in Mommy's tummy? Lift the flaps to learn all about how a new baby grows!
There's a baby inside Mommy's tummy! But how big is it? What does it look like? Lift the flaps to learn all about how a new baby grows in this sweet book for expecting families.
With a sturdy case and nine durable lift-the-flaps inside—one for each month until baby arrives!—this sweet novelty board book will charm new-siblings-to-be and become a go-to purchase for families with young children who are expecting a new little one.
• NEW BABY GIFT: This stylish and deluxe package makes the perfect baby shower gift, and gift for an older sibling. The larger trim size, sturdy case, and numerous flaps inside ensure great value.
• EVERYDAY COMPARISONS: On each spread our family compares the baby to a different food—much like the popular apps used by expecting moms. This relatable comparison will make the size and growth of the new baby tangible for young kids.
• VETTED BY EXPERTS: Fact-checked and vetted by experts, this book features accurate and accessible information on how a baby grows. Answer young kids' questions in a way that's fun, informative—and tactile!
• INCLUSIVE: Many different kinds of families will see themselves in these characters! And most importantly, it features a loving mother-child relationship.
• STYLISH PACKAGE: Modern and playful illustrations from up-and-coming illustrator, Aki, will appeal to hip new parents and grandparents alike.
• Expecting parents and their toddlers
• Anyone looking for the perfect gift for a baby shower
• Anyone gifting the older-sibling-to-be
About the Author
Kirsten Hall is a children's author and literary agent. After getting an MA in early childhood education from NYU, she taught both preschool and elementary school. Today, Kirsten is the sole proprietor of Catbird Productions, a book packager and boutique literary agency. She currently resides in New York City.
Aki, also known as Delphine Mach, is a writer and illustrator of children's books. She made this book while pregnant, vetting each stage as she illustrated! Also a food blogger and illustrator, she enjoyed illustrating all the food comparisons. Originally from Paris, France, she lived in Melbourne, Australia for years, and currently lives in Berlin, Germany.
“A lift-the-flap board book helpful for young children expecting a new addition in their family. . . the simple language and flaps will engage young readers and will likely lead to more questions.”—School Library Journal
“Jovial artwork keeps the mood bright, and in addition to the information, the tenderness depicted between mother and child will ease the onset of jealousy as the big day approaches.”-Booklist