Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Cotton Malone series.
- #1: The Templar Legacy: A Novel (Cotton Malone #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: The Alexandria Link: A Novel (Cotton Malone #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: The Venetian Betrayal (Cotton Malone #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: The Charlemagne Pursuit: A Novel (Cotton Malone #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: The Paris Vendetta: A Novel (Cotton Malone #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: The Emperor's Tomb (with bonus short story The Balkan Escape): A Novel (Cotton Malone #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: The Jefferson Key (with bonus short story The Devil's Gold): A Novel (Cotton Malone #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #8: The King's Deception: A Novel (Cotton Malone #8) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: The Lincoln Myth: A Novel (Cotton Malone #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Patriot Threat: A Novel (Cotton Malone #10) (Mass Market): $14.99
- #11: The 14th Colony: A Novel (Cotton Malone #11) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #13: The Bishop's Pawn: A Novel (Cotton Malone #13) (Paperback): $17.99
- #14: The Malta Exchange: A Novel (Cotton Malone #14) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #15: The Warsaw Protocol: A Novel (Cotton Malone #15) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #16: The Kaiser's Web: A Novel (Cotton Malone #16) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #17: The Last Kingdom (Cotton Malone #17) (Hardcover): $29.00
The Lost Order continues renowned New York Times bestseller Steve Berry’s Cotton Malone series with another riveting, history-based thriller.
The Knights of the Golden Circle was the largest and most dangerous clandestine organization in American history. It amassed billions in stolen gold and silver, all buried in hidden caches across the United States. Since 1865 treasure hunters have searched, but little of that immense wealth has ever been found.
Now, one hundred and sixty years later, two factions of what remains of the Knights of the Golden Circle want that lost treasure—one to spend it for their own ends, the other to preserve it.
Thrust into this battle is former Justice Department agent Cotton Malone, whose connection to the knights is far deeper than he ever imagined. At the center is the Smithsonian Institution—linked to the knights, its treasure, and Malone himself through an ancestor, a Confederate spy named Angus “Cotton” Adams, whose story holds the key to everything. Complicating matters are the political ambitions of a reckless Speaker of the House and the bitter widow of a United States Senator, who together are planning radical changes to the country. And while Malone and Cassiopeia Vitt face the past, ex-president Danny Daniels and Stephanie Nelle confront a new and unexpected challenge, a threat that may cost one of them their life.
From the backrooms of the Smithsonian to the deepest woods in rural Arkansas, and finally up into the rugged mountains of northern New Mexico, The Lost Order by Steve Berry is a perilous adventure into our country’s dark past, and a potentially even darker future.
About the Author
Steve Berry is the New York Times and #1 internationally bestselling author of the Cotton Malone novels (The Bishop's Pawn, The Malta Exchange), among other books, and several works of short fiction. He has 25 million books in print, translated into 40 languages.
With his wife, Elizabeth, he is the founder of History Matters, which is dedicated to historical preservation. He serves as an emeritus member of the Smithsonian Libraries Advisory Board and was a founding member of International Thriller Writers, formerly serving as its co-president.