Other Books in Series
This is book number 17 in the Anna Pigeon Mysteries series.
- #9: Blood Lure (Abridged / MP3 CD): Email or call for price.
- #10: Hunting Season (Anna Pigeon Mysteries #10) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $9.99
- #11: Flashback (Anna Pigeon Mysteries #11) (Abridged / Compact Disc): $9.99
- #12: High Country (Analog Audio Cassette): $29.99
- #13: Hard Truth (Analog Audio Cassette): $29.99
- #14: Winter Study (Abridged / Compact Disc): $74.25
- #15: Borderline (Abridged / Compact Disc): $74.97
- #16: Burn: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries #16) (Paperback): $29.99
- #18: Destroyer Angel: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries #18) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #19: Boar Island: An Anna Pigeon Novel (Anna Pigeon Mysteries #19) (Mass Market): $9.99
It's 1995. Fresh off the bus from New York City, a broken-hearted 35-year-old named Anna Pigeon takes her first job as a park employee: a decidedly unglamorous, seasonal stint at the Glen Canyon National Recreational Area. On her day off, she goes hiking alone in the park—never to return. Her co-workers assume she's moved on since her cabin is cleaned out. But when Anna wakes up—trapped at the bottom of a well, naked, with no supplies and no memory of how she got there—she must draw upon all of her strength, courage, and skill to survive. Because whoever set Anna's trap isn't through with her yet…
This edition of the book is the deluxe, tall rack mass market paperback.
About the Author
Nevada Barr is the author of the series of New York Times bestselling novels featuring Anna Pigeon, a law enforcement park ranger. Her novels include Winter Study, Borderline and Burn. She won the Agatha Award for Best First Novel for Track of the Cat. Like her character, Barr worked for the National Park Service as a park ranger before resigning to write full time. She had postings to such parks as Guadalupe Mountains National Park in Texas (where Anna Pigeon was created) and Natchez Trace Parkway in Mississippi. She lives in New Orleans.
“Terrifying…Dark and visceral, the novel is sure to appeal to Barr's legion of fans, especially those who have been clamoring for the author to light the shadows of Anna's past...A crisply written and revelatory entry in the Pigeon series.” —Booklist
“Barr's exciting 17th Anna Pigeon thriller takes readers where they've wanted to go for years--to Anna's beginnings as a park ranger.…Misdirection and a rising body count ratchet up the tension.” —Publishers Weekly
“Barr's luxuriant depictions of desert landscapes with its colors and hues and details about Lake Powell's tourist population are interwoven into the narrative as an indispensable element of her popular series. Anna emerges from this canyon escapade as a strong, determined woman...Verdict: Another awesome winner for Barr.” —Library Journal