Buying a car is never easy. Besides spending a sizeable amount ofmoney on this investment, your liveliness probably relies on thisvehicle. You need to know that your car will get you from point Ato point B in a timely and safe manner--so buying a lemon isnot something you can afford to do. Buying A Car For Dummies is for you if you need to findout how to buy, sell, insure, drive, protect, or rent a vehicle. Itdoesn't matter how old you are (as long as you can legallydrive and have a license), this book can make your experience withcars a smooth ride. Buying A Car For Dummies can help you save a truckload ofmoney over the life of your vehicle as you find out all you need toknow about new and used car ownership in this entertaining andinformative reference guide. This dependable book covers allavenues of buying and owning a car, from negotiating a fair priceto finding reliable insurance to saving money on routine servicing.You'll stay in the driver's seat as you discoverhow to:
* Calculate how much you current car really costs you
* Weigh the pros and cons of buying new or used
* Get the best trade-in, resale, or donation value for yourvehicle
* Pick out a cherry and avoid lemons--expert advice forbuying a reliable used car
* Determine what features and options you really need in a newcar
* Get the straight scoop on financing or leasing your car
* Find an insurance policy and company you can trust
* Protect your automotive assets--from steering wheel locksto full-blown security systems
With Buying A Car For Dummies as your guide, you can parkyou fears, frustrations, and anxieties as you discover how todecide between buying or leasing new wheels, how to negotiate withcar dealers, how to foil car thieves and carjackers, how to protectyourself in a breakdown or accident, and how to protect yourautomotive assets with insurance, warranties, and servicecontracts. Plus, the book features a list of ten great automotiveWeb sites for pricing information, ratings, industry news, diagnostic troubleshooting, and more.
About the Author
About Deanna Sclar Deanna Sclar, a leading auto repair expert and consumer spokesperson, has appeared on more than 700 radio and TV programs including Good Morning America, Today, and A.M. Los Angeles. She has contributed to such magazines as Family Circle, New Woman, and Redbook and is the author of the perennial bestseller Auto Repair For Dummies .