Exhilarating, ever-evolving and unforgettable-New York is one of the most visited cities in the world, known for its world-class museums and galleries, dazzling Broadway shows, towering skyscrapers, amazing food, and fast-paced life. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you'll find your way around New York City with absolute ease.
Our annually updated Top 10 travel guide breaks down the best of New York City into helpful lists of ten-from our own selected highlights to the best museums, art galleries, restaurants, performing arts venues, children's attractions, LGBTQ+ points of interest, and famous department stores.
• Fifteen easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend, or a week
• Top 10 lists of New York City's must-sees, including detailed descriptions of the Empire State Building, American Museum of Natural History, Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, Rockefeller Center, Fifth Avenue, the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Times Square and Theater District, Central Park and the Metropolitan Museum of Art
• New York City's most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out, and sightseeing
• Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip - including festival and events, bars and lounges, hidden gems off the beaten path, and things to do for free
• A laminated pull-out map of New York City and its environs, plus thirteen full-color neighborhood maps
• Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
• A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you're on the move
Looking for more New York City's culture, history, and attractions? Try our DK Eyewitness New York City.
"This [DK Eyewitness Travel: Top 10] might be the best traveling companion to throw in your pack. It's a slim and sleek overview… loaded with practical and useful content." – Gadling.com
"Known… for its four-color maps, photos and illustrations, the [DK] Eyewitness Guides are extremely user-friendly for travelers who want their information delivered in a concise, visual way." – Chicago Tribune
"The best option… Color photos, maps, and diagrams bring the place to life." – The Philadelphia Inquirer