The Rough Guide to New Zealand
Make the most of your time on Earth with the ultimate travel guides.
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' travel guide, now with free eBook.
Discover New Zealand with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to go whale watching off the Kaikoura Peninsula, bathing in boiling mud at Rotorua, or experience Maori culture at the Whakarewarewa Thermal Reserve, The Rough Guide to New Zealandwill help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
Features of this travel guide to New Zealand
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to New Zealand
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Auckland, Wellington and many more locations without needing to get online
- Fabulous full-colour photography features inspirational colour photography, including the heroic and awe-inspiring landscape of Fiordland National Park and the boiling mud pools and spouting geysers of Rotorua
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Auckland, Rotorua, Wellington and Christchurch's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: comprehensive 'Contexts' chapter provides fascinating insights into New Zealand, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- The ultimate travel tool: download the free eBook to access all this from your phone or tablet
- Covers Auckland and around; Northland; Waikato and the Coromandel; Rotorua and the Bay of Plenty; Central North Island; Eastern North Island; Wellington and the south; Marlborough, Nelson and Kaikoura; The west coast; Christchurch and Canterbury; Otago; Fiordland and Southland
You may also be interested in: The Rough Guide to Australia, The Rough Guide to Vietnam and The Rough Guide to Bangkok
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.