Submissions will be judged on voice, creativity and strength of writing. Please read the following instructions carefully before completing the online application. Submissions that do not follow these instructions will not be considered. The submission period will close on April 16th at 5PM. Any stories received after this deadline will not be judged.
- Entrants must be enrolled at an Eagle County School (public, private or home school) and be in grades 3-12.
- Entries must be previously unpublished.
- Your submission must be a fiction or non-fiction short story, NOT an essay. Short stories have plot, characters, setting, and dialogue.
- Electronic submissions in Microsoft Word will be accepted. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- Submissions must be double-spaced and typed in 12-point Times New Roman font.
- Number the pages.
- Do not include illustrations as they will not be judged.
- Do not include a cover page.
- Multiple or team submissions will not be considered.
- Google Doc Submissions not allowed, must be a .doc or .docx file
- Grade 3: 3 to 5 pages
- Grades 4-5: 5 to 8 pages
- Grades 6-8: 5 to 12 pages
- Grades 9-12: 10 to 15 pages
Please title your story in the following format: "First Name Last Name, Story Title"
We look forward to reading your story!