Learn more about The Bookworm
295 Main Street C101
Edwards, CO 81632
Weekdays: 8AM to 7PM | Weekends: 9AM to 5PM
Today, the Bookworm operates in a corner space in the busy Riverwalk shopping center, but the store came from humble beginnings.
The Bookworm of Edwards was founded in 1996 in a retro-fitted van that traveled between coffee shops selling new books to “down-valley” readers. In 1997, a 700-square-foot store opened in Edwards Village Center. In 2002, Nicole Magistro was hired as a part-time bookseller, and, in 2005, she bought out one of the original owners. In 2007, the Bookworm moved to its current Riverwalk location (and opened the cafe), and it expanded again in 2010! Read the full story (with more details on store founders Kathy Westover and Neda Jansen, and cafe founder Kristi Allio) here.
The Bookworm is proud to be part of the Vail Valley community.
- We support and feature local authors. (Interested in being one of our local authors? Click here.)
- We are a bustling small business and place of emploment. (Interested in working at the Bookworm? Download an application.)
- We use Colorado products whenever possible -- Batter Cupcakes, Hammonds Chocolates, Ripe Produce peaches, Knapp Farms organic greens, June Jurcak greeting cards, Outrageous Baking Company, Tehama recycled wood products, and more!
The Bookworm supports kids and reading!
- Local kids can participate in our annual children's writing contest, held each Spring.
- Watch our storytime on YouTube, and be sure to attend in person: every Friday morning at 9:15.
- Are you a teacher in the valley? Get in touch with us to learn about special discounts and available (free) resources.
- Have your child join our bookclub -- call the store to enroll.
The Bookworm gives back!
- We donated $10,344 in cash donations to schools, non-profits and great causes in 2015
- We donated more than $5,000 in books and gift cards to silent auctions, fundraisers and volunteer efforts throughout the valley
- We donated thousands of books to schools, jails, and senior citizens in Eagle County
The Bookworm is commmitted to our natural world!
- Recycling and reusing are central to our operational philosophy.
- We use local, organic, biodegradable and compostable products whenever possible.
- Our store's green team closely monitors our carbon footprint, water usage, trash output and purchases.
- We encourage staff and customers to walk, bike, carpool and use public transportation to get to The Bookworm.
- We are seeking Actively Green certification in 2016.