Learn more about The Bookworm
295 Main Street C101
Edwards, CO 81632
Weekdays: 8AM to 7PM | Weekends: 9AM to 5PM
Today, the Bookworm operates in a corner space in the busy Riverwalk shopping center, but the store came from humble beginnings.
The Bookworm of Edwards was founded in 1996 in a retro-fitted van that traveled between coffee shops selling new books to “down-valley” readers. In 1997, a 700-square-foot store opened in Edwards Village Center. In 2002, Nicole Magistro was hired as a part-time bookseller, and, in 2005, she bought out one of the original owners. In 2007, the Bookworm moved to its current Riverwalk location (and opened the cafe), and it expanded again in 2010! Read the full story (with more details on store founders Kathy Westover and Neda Jansen, and cafe founder Kristi Allio) here.
The Bookworm is proud to be part of the Vail Valley community.
- We support and feature local authors. (Interested in being one of our local authors? Click here.)
- We are a bustling small business and place of emploment. (Interested in working at the Bookworm? Download an application. Interested in the chef de cuisine position? Email resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com.)
- We use Colorado products whenever possible -- Kate and Aki's cookies from Carbondale, peaches from Palisade, Mrs. Barr's Bars from Basalt, beer from Crazy Mountain Brewery here in Edwards, and more!
The Bookworm supports kids and reading!
- Local kids can participate in our annual children's writing contest, held each Spring.
- Watch our storytime on YouTube, and be sure to attend in person: every Monday morning at 9:15.
- Are you a teacher in the valley? Get in touch with us to learn about special discounts and available (free) resources.
- Have your child join our kids bookclub or teen bookclub -- call the store to enroll.
The Bookworm gives back! In 2013, the Bookworm gave nearly $11,000 back to the community through donations, goods, services, and sponsorships!